Pressed for space? That shouldn’t stop you from designing the home of your dreams, and with the Pattonsburg Daybed with Trundle from Fleur de Lis Living, you can save you space and get comfy at the same time. As always, our reviews are unbiased and impartial – we just report what we see, in order to help you furnish your home to your heart’s desire.
Pattonsburg Daybed with Trundle by Fleur De Lis Living
The Pattonsburg Daybed is a multi-purpose piece of furniture that doubles both as a bed and as a daybed, depending on your needs. Its compact size makes it ideal for cramped spaces, such as studio apartments, guest rooms, and so on. The frame is made of metal and comes in white and bronze shades, with an elegant, arched fleur-de-lis pattern that makes it easy to match with your other furniture.
- The Pattonsburg daybed is available in twin or full size.
- The frame is made of metal and has a weight capacity of 400 lbs. for twin size and 450 lbs. for full size (while the trundle unit has 225 lbs. weight capacity).
- Trundle unit is included, however mattresses are not included and need to be purchased separately.
- Recommended mattress thickness is 8 inches for the daybed (for the trundle unit is 6″).
- Comes with 1 year warranty.
What makes the Pattonsburg Daybed stand out is the trundle bed, discreetly concealed underneath. It’s easy to cover up with a blanket or bed skirt when you’re not using it and when extended, it turns into a second bed, great for accommodating overnight guests.
The Pattonsburg daybed comes in two mattress variants: Twin and Full, making it even easier to fit if you’re working with limited space. The difference between the twin and full size is that the full size is 14″ wider, which is a good option for older kids and adults.
- The twin size daybed has the following dimensions: 38″ high x 77.5″ long x 41″ wide. While the trundle is: 4″ high x 71″ long x 40.5″ wide.
- The full size daybed has the following dimensions: 38″ high x 77.5″ long x 56″ wide. The trundle unit has the same dimensions: 4″ high x 71″ long x 40.5″ wide.
When the trundle is fully extended the overall depth will be 80″ for the twin size. Also, there is 14″ underbed clearance from the floor to the underside of the daybed.
Pattonsburg Daybed with Trundle Reviews
As always, we wanted to go through the Pattonsburg reviews before we gave our verdict, just to see if people thought it was worthwhile or not. Overall the Pattonsburg Daybed has a very high 4.7/5 star rating from over 3,600 reviews. Here is what customers thought about the product:
- Sturdy frame;
- Leaves plenty of room;
- Relatively easy to put together in around one hour and a half;
- Good price.
- The trundle unit is included (it has four casters on the bottom, two of which lock).
- Instructions a tad difficult to read;
- Might get squeaky over time.
One thing we noticed, going through the reviews, was that many people chose the Pattonsburg Daybed for their children. The size may be a tad small for an adult, at least for long-term use (though it’s probably fine for sleeping over for a couple of nights). Also, if buying this for kids, make sure they don’t jump on it, as the lightweight frame can’t support that.
Lastly, the trundle will not lift up to the height of the normal bed. Many customers were surprised by that (as were we, to be honest), so we thought it’s worth mentioning. If you’re looking for a daybed with a popup trundle, see this guide.
Bottom Line – Is it worth it?
Yes. If what you need is budget-friendly accommodation for occasional overnight guests, or a new bed for your kids, then definitely. It might also be a good fit for student living or cramped rooms. Now, the Pattonsburg Trundle might be a great deal if you’re looking to save both money and space. At the time of this writing, the twin and full sizes are priced at around $347.49, with a discount ranging between 17%-23% depending on the size and color combination. Overall this is a great price for both the daybed and trundle unit. (But bear in mind mattresses are not included!)
Disclosure: This post features affiliate links, which means that we may get compensated for items purchased through our site, at no additional cost to the reader.
Please note: the prices and ratings mentioned in this post were last updated on March 8, 2021. For up to date prices, please click on the link of each product.